OSD32MP1-RED CubeMX Project

Forums Reference, Evaluation, and Development Boards OSD32MP1-RED OSD32MP1-RED CubeMX Project

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Barrett Dukebduke
      Participant

Is there a CubeMX project available for the OSD32MP1-RED, similar to the one provided for the OSD32MP1-BRK?

coloradocarlos
      Participant

+1, and including the STM32CubeIDE too. I’m brand new to the IDE and haven’t gotten the “Linux core” and /dev/ttyACM0 working yet.

See also: https://octavosystems.com/forums/topic/getting-started-with-osd32mp1-brk-st-link-jtag-interface/

Neeraj Dantu

bduke,

Currently, there is no CubeMX project for OSD32MP1-RED. We will generate a CubeMX project after we upgrade support from OpenSTLinux V1.2 to OpenSTLinux V2.x.

An alternate way of using CubeMX would be to generate specific parts of the CubeMX device tree you need and copy it over to the appropriate place in OSD32MP1-RED device tree. The sources for OSD32MP1-RED device tree are provided here: https://github.com/octavosystems/OSD32MP1-RED-Device-tree. As noted earlier, this device tree is generated for OpenSTLinux V1.2. Note that ST has changes how device trees are organized between OpenSTLinux V1.2 to V2.x. So, you will have to install CubeMX 5.x that is compatible with OpenSTLInux V1.2.

Developer Package can be used to cross compile: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu-ecosystem-v1/wiki/How_to_cross-compile_with_the_Developer_Package.

Best,

Neeraj

Matthew Larkinmlarkin
        Participant

Is there a projected timeline of when the migration to the SDK v2.x will occur?

Neeraj Dantu

We will update the SDK to be compatible with a newer version of the OpenSTLinux distribution sometime in Q2 of this year.

Best,

Neeraj

Greg Smithgregors613
      Participant

Has this ( the CubeMX project and STLinux 2 support) been released yet? If not, is there a timeframe?

Sam samsamsam
      Participant

Looking for cube Mx project as well. Is there any timeline for CubeMx project ioc file release? We just started a proto design based on this SiP. My understanding there should be no conflict to develop code for M4 core with CubeMx. Can I just map used pins by A7 core in in minimal config ioc file, following the RED board schematic and just generate initialization code for M4?

Neeraj Dantu

samsam,

Apps is currently working on the updated software package.

You should be able to generate code using CubeMX. Note that you will have to map the pins between STM32MP1 package and OSD32MP1 package. https://octavosystems.com/app_notes/osd32mp15x-pin-mapping-to-stm32mp1/ can help you do that. Should be pretty easy as all IO pin names are the same.

Best,

Neeraj

Sam samsamsam
      Participant

Hi,
      I am wondering if there is plan to release CubeMx project for this board any time soon. Since I don’t know at this point if the available peripherals in Raspberry pi, Mikro Click and CAN FD connectors are assigned to A7 or M4 in software package, It is becoming complicated to design a custom board based on this reference design.

Sam samsamsam
      Participant

Hi Neeraj,
      We have been trying to reach you guys multiple times over phone,email,facebook and online form about booking a design review session based on on this SiP without any luck. Please let us know what would be the best way to contact.

Erik Welsh
      Keymaster

We apologize for the trouble you experienced contacting us.  Hopefully everything should be sorted out.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Erik

Merten Stroetzelm10
      Participant

Is there an update on this? A CubeMX project for the OSD32MP1-RED, similar to the one provided for the OSD32MP1-BRK, would accelerate our development.

Thank you,

Merten

Neeraj Dantu

m10,

This has fallen off the priority list previously. The apps team will complete work on support for OpenSTLinux v4.0 in Oct. I will try to add this to the release package. Will update here when I have an update.

Best,

Neeraj

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.