Open drain buffer output pull-up on warm reset circuit?

Forums Reference, Evaluation, and Development Boards Open drain buffer output pull-up on warm reset circuit?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave Mcospan
      Participant

Hi,

I love theĀ OSD3358-512M-BSM, I’m planning on making a small board with it. I’ve been going through your site’s very useful design tutorial. Currently, I’m working on the reset circuit, specifically the warm reset. I’ve used this page as a reference:

OSD335x Reset Circuitry

There is something that I’m not clear about. The output if theĀ SN74LVC1G07Ā  is attached to the APX811’s MR# pin. I don’t see a pull up for the output of the open drain buffer. It doesn’t look like it’s being pulled up anywhere. I looked through both of the datasheets for the parts and I don’t see any declared internal current pullup. Perhaps I missed it. I’d like to know if I’ve missed something.

I’m planning on adding a 10K pull up to SYS_VDD1_3P3.

Thanks again for the part and the documentation.

Dave

Neeraj Dantu

Dave,

The reset supervisor APX811 is a clone of MAX811 which has an internal pull-up resistance of 10K. We have measured the presence of this internal pull up on APX811. The datasheet of APX811 just doesn’t specify the pull-up but it is present.

Hope that helps,

Neeraj

Dave Mcospan
      Participant

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.