Differences in Schematics for Connecting to WiFi Module

Forums Devices OSD335x-SM Differences in Schematics for Connecting to WiFi Module

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Isaac Fentaifenta
      Participant

I am creating a breakout for the PocketBeagle which uses the OSD335x-SM that will connect with WL1835MODGBMOCR WiFi module following these instructions (https://octavosystems.com/app_notes/enabling-iot-with-osd335x/). Looking at Figure 5.16 (wifi pin breakout) and Figure 5.17 (connection to osd335x-sm) I see there are some missing connections: GPIO3-1-1v8, WL_BT_OE, DCAN1_SILENT_1V8, GPIO3_2_1V8, SPI1_SS1_1v8. I thought I could ignore them, but taking a closer look at Figure 5.20 I see some of those lines are broken out and connected to U13.

– What are these lines supposed to be used for? Are they necessary if I just want to have WiFi on my OSD335x-SM?

– In addition, is there a way to get the Eagle file that produced this schematic and board layout?

Thanks in advance!

Eshtaartha Basu

Hello ifenta,

1. The signals GPIO3-1-1v8, WL_BT_OE, DCAN1_SILENT_1V8, GPIO3_2_1V8, SPI1_SS1_1v8 are not necessary to interface Wifi module with the SM SiP. Since all the signals shown in Figure 5.17 belong to VDDSHV5 (1.8V) power domain, the signals GPIO3-1-1v8, DCAN1_SILENT_1V8, GPIO3_2_1V8, SPI1_SS1_1v8 are routed to 1.8V to 3.3V voltage level translators (U18) before being used elsewhere in the design. Similarly, WL_BT_OE is being used as an enable signal for the 1.8V to 3.3V voltage level translator (U13) of BT Audio McASPx signals.

2. Unfortunately we do not have the Eagle files because it’s not our design. Let us know when you have finalized your schematic and we’ll gladly review it to maximize your chances of first-pass success. Please work the review process through Martin Burgos and his sales team.

Isaac Fentaifenta
      Participant

Hello Eshtaartha,

Thanks for the clarification! I will contact Martin to review the schematic and board layout once I completed it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.