Where to buy EMMC SDIN8DE2-16G?

Forums Devices OSD335x-SM Where to buy EMMC SDIN8DE2-16G?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sam Absamy03
      Participant

Hi All,

I am having really hard time sourcing the EMMC used inĀ OSD3358-SM-RED. Can anyone please let me know where to get it from.

Thank you,

Erik Welsh
      Keymaster

The OSD3358-SM-RED board uses a standard 153 ball eMMC (11.5mm x 13mm). While it might be hard to source the exact part number, you can always swap it with footprint compatible eMMC parts that can be found at the major distributors (Arrow, Mouser, DigiKey, or Avnet). The only caveats are: 1) make sure that the part uses the 153 ball eMMC footprint and not the 169 or 100 pin footprints; 2) make sure that you have done the necessary things in layout to support the newer eMMC versions (this was not done on the OSD3358-SM-RED layout but will be done on the next revision of the board). See the Designing for Flexibility around eMMC app note for more information.

Sam Absamy03
      Participant

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your response. Just want to make sure, is this something that I can use:Ā https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/panasonic-electronic-components/RP-SEMC08DA1/P122048-ND/6964963

Its a 8Gb eMMC with 153 FBGA package.

Thank you

Erik Welsh
      Keymaster

That component looks like it will work. Just make sure that your design follows the guidelines outlined in the app note referenced above.

Marcin WijataMarcin_W
      Participant

Dear Erik,

I have some doubts. Hint, please ask what electric potential has the pin marked in yellow. If it is GND then why has a separate grommet. It can be connected to the central grommet.

Please find attached screen.

Bye

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Marcin WijataMarcin_W.
      Eshtaartha Basu

Hello Marcin_W,

The pin you have marked is VSS (GND). Each via will have limit on how much current it can sink based on its drill size. Since the central GND via is already sinking current from 4 pins, we have used a separate ground via for pin J5 (VSS).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.