Virtual Capes with the Redboard

Forums Reference, Evaluation, and Development Boards OSD3358-SM-RED Virtual Capes with the Redboard

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Raymond WilliswillisNGC_39
      Participant

I noticed the virtual capes are still in the OS for the Octavo Redboard. Is the virtual cape manager disabled in some way from adding virtual capes?
      I can reduce the amount of effort with incorporating a device tree overlay by using I2C2, SPI0, and MCASP0 as each of them has a virtual cape and I can write a script to add them at bootup.

Neeraj Dantu

Willis,

You should be able to enable capes by editing /boot/uEnv.txt file.

If you haven’t already, you can enable overlays by uncommenting the line “enable_uboot_overlays=1”. Then, each overlay can be invoked by editing “#uboot_overlay_addrx=/lib/firmware/<file0>.dtbo”. Note that you will have to disable cape_universal by commenting the line “enable_uboot_cape_universal=1” to disable the universal cape that gets loaded automatically and may conflict with overlays you are invoking.

Best,

Neeraj

Raymond WilliswillisNGC_39
      Participant

Neeraj,
      Thank you. That works great. I also found you can verify on the Octavo Red what capes are loaded at boot by running the following script.
      $ sudo cat /opt/scripts/tools/version.sh

Hashmi Sbwalyhashmi21sb
      Participant

This is so unique and excellent post. I can reduce the effort by using SPI0, I2C2, and MCASP0

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.