USB Booting on custom board

Forums Devices OSD335x-SM USB Booting on custom board

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      SIMON EDWARDSsimonedwards
      Participant

Hey Octavo Systems!

I now have my board back from manufacture, powered up and all is good so far.  I get a load of ‘C’ characters out of the console UART and when I connect to the host PC via USB I get a driver to install [VID=0451, PID=6141].  I even have my BOOTP/DHCP server issuing an IP address but that’s where it stops.

I’ve debugged and tested my host machine using a OSD3358-SM-RED development board and have a proven setup whereby I power the board from USB and get all the way from board bring up to kernel prompt, all via USB and RNDIS (Ethernet Gadget).

When I replace the OSD3358-SM-RED board with mine, all I see is the BOOTP/DHCP server leasing an IP address, but the TFTP server never gets a request from the target board for a file.

All I can think of is that the vendor class identifier that is sent by the target doesn’t match with what the BOOTP/DHCP server is expecting.

My dhcp.conf file looks like this:

This all works for the -RED board.

Can you point me in the right direction please? Does the EEPROM need programming within the OSD3358-SM part?

Thanks,

Simon

SIMON EDWARDSsimonedwards
      Participant

Hey again!

Looks like I’ve been a bit hasty!

I checked out some of the other posts and gave the ‘disable the EEPROM check’ a go.  Guess what, it works!

Essentially, I followed this advice:

Issues Booting Custom Board

Made the change to boards.h and all is well.

Now USB and UART booting work just fine.

Eshtaartha Basu

I was about to respond to your previous question. I’m glad that you were able to figure it out yourself using one of our previous forum posts. Please let us know if you need any other information.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.