Powering from 3v3 only

Forums Devices OSD335x-BAS/IND Powering from 3v3 only

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      paul bidmeadPaul Bidmead
      Participant

I am developing a product to use the OSD3358-512M-BAS and have struck an issue that i need clarification on.

Is it at all possible to power this device with 3v3 only?

this has come up as the board does not have a 5v supply available, from what info i can find it could be powered from the VBAT_IN but that will not trigger a power-on meaning it requires the button being pressed.

This brings me to another part of the question, Is it possible to configure the device to be “always on”?

Eshtaartha Basu

Hello Paul,

1. It is NOT possible to power this device with just 3.3V input. As given in section 7.1.3 of the OSD335x datasheet, the device will need a nominal input voltage of 3.7V if VIN_BAT input is used and 5V if VIN_AC or VIN_USB is used.

2. The OSD335x will require a falling edge on PMIC_IN_PB_IN (power button) to power up when powered only on battery (VIN_BAT). Once powered up, it is possible to keep the device always on by continuously supplying power through one of the three power inputs (VIN_AC, VIN_USB or VIN_BAT). The OSD335x has the capability to dynamically switch between VIN_AC, VIN_USB and VIN_BAT based on availability.

paul bidmeadPaul Bidmead
      Participant

Excellent thank you for your reply

Eshtaartha Basu

You’re welcome. Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.