OSD335x-BAS

Forums Devices OSD335x-BAS/IND OSD335x-BAS

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      SethSeth
      Participant

Hello,

My name is Seth. I have been following the beagleboard.org people for some amount of time. Anyway, I got around to purchasing this chip to test things out quite a while back. I am just getting around to using it again…

I have been reading some. I even watched some ideas online about pushing out a simplistic Linux distro. Anyway, are there specifics outside of this photo for the BAS instead of C-SiP packages?

I got the photo from an online tutorial from DigiKey.com. So, w/out further ado, I would like to know what everyone thinks if people get around to supporting this SiP again.

Seth

Attachments:
      SethSeth
      Participant

Hello Again,

I just remembered this specific chip does not have eMMC allocated to it. Are there any good tutorials for handling/processing the eMMC and OSD335x-512M-BAS together? I found a couple links in this forums that help somewhat.

I guess what I am looking to attain will take some work on my part. No issue there…but what pins will I need to connect and what eMMC should I use?

Or…

1. Can I use a uSD Card supplied instead of eMMC?

2. If so, can I still use only uSD Cards and no eMMC?

Seth

Neeraj Dantu

Seth,

You can find a lot of help in the application notes for OSD335x listed here: https://octavosystems.com/app_notes/#OSD335x. Specifically, take a look at the tutorial series: https://octavosystems.com/app_notes/osd335x-design-tutorial/.

Unfortunately, fly-wiring an OSD335x-BAS part is more difficult than the C-SiP. So, we do not have a wiring diagram for it, but you can take a look at the design in the tutorial series as something similar. You can use a micro-SD card for boot, but make sure you set the boot mode correctly on the SYSBOOT pins.

Best,

Neeraj

SethSeth
      Participant

Hello Mr. Dantu,

Seth here. Thank you for the links. Sir, I may not use it after all. I chatted w/ a person and it seems if I make what I thought I would make w/ this chip (so far), it would just be a PocketBeagle.

So, I may hold off for now. In any light, thank you for your reply.

Seth

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.