OSD3358-1G-ISM VDDSHV2 failures

Forums Devices OSD335x-SM OSD3358-1G-ISM VDDSHV2 failures

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Marshamarsh
      Participant

We recently switched a design from the OSD3358-512M-ISM to the OSD3358-1G-ISM. Using the new parts we are experiencing VDDSHV2 voltage domain failures.

Can Octavo confirm the ZCZ versus the ZCE AM3358 variant is being used on the 1G devices? VDDSHV2 is VDDSHV1 on ZCE devices which would definitely cause problems for us, but I assume the parts are identical at the wafer level?

Also can Octavo provide any information about their package marking? The format of the string after what I assume is the date code is noticeably different between the 512M and 1G parts. I’m curious what that might imply with respect to product revision and any potential errata.

OSD3358-1G-ISM
      2009 PD09233AOE
      XX-BV-CD-XX

OSD3358-512M-ISM
      1833 40032-IK-GBIR-20
      AE-BU-CD-XX

Erik Welsh
      Keymaster

Yes, the ZCZ variant of the AM3358 is used in all of the Octavo OSD335x Family of devices.  The reason the second part of the second line is very different between the two devices is that the manufacturer of the devices changed.  However, the design itself is the same and we have had many customers switch seamlessly between the OSD3358-512M-ISM and OSD3358-1G-ISM devices.

Please note that these devices are sensitive to moisture and all of the MSL guidelines spelled out in the datasheet (see Section 9.3) must be followed to ensure no issues during manufacturing.  Can you provide more information about the failures you are seeing on VDDSHV2?  If you are not able to do this publicly, then please send the information to support [at] octavosystems.com and we can discuss the information privately.

Andrew Marshamarsh
      Participant

Thank you for the response Erik. We were able to track the issue down to an incorrectly installed secondary part.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.