OSD32MP1 Reference Board and/or Schematics

Forums Devices OSD32MP1 Reference Board and/or Schematics

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Andres Olivaresandyolivares
      Participant

Hi:

Is there any plan on making an OSD32MP1 reference board like you did with SM-RED?

I know ST has a couple of boards using the processor but it would be good to have a proven reference board and/or schematics by Octavo Systems. There always are some gotchas or quirks that you may already be aware of. Also, some chips on the STM32MP1 reference boards by ST have ICs that are difficult to obtain through usual suppliers like Mouser/DigiKey.

Thank you,

Andy

Greg Sheridan
      Keymaster

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the question.  Yes we do plan of creating our own development platform for the OSD32MP1 devices.  In fact we are in the middle of the definition phase now so if there are any features you would like to see please let us know.

In the meantime we do recommend getting started with the development boards from ST, especially the DK2 board.  Anything that is developed on these boards will be able to be transferred to a custom board built around the SiP.

Thanks,

Greg

Participant

Hey Greg, thank you the reply.

10/100 Mbps Ethernet connectivity should be a must with a PHY IC easily accesible through common distributors like Mouser and Digikey… a Microchip PHY maybe… they’re quite common and good supported on Linux.

Also I’m currently developing some audio applications so it would be great to see some (multichannel?) audio subsystem on the reference board if possible. I might be asking too much, but you asked 🙂

On the other hand, do you have a suggested price point for the SiP @ 100 units? I assume it should be cheaper than current OSD335X offerings.

Thank you, and I can’t wait to start prototyping with this new promising SiP.

Andy

Greg Sheridan
      Keymaster

Hi Andy,
      Thanks for the input.  We will see what we can do.

As for pricing please contact one of our sales representatives and they will be able to help you out.

Thanks,

Greg

Participant

Thank you Greg! Hope to see that reference board soon 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.