How to check available frequencies?

Forums Devices OSD335x-SM How to check available frequencies?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      gennaro zazogzazo
      Participant

Hi,

I have some questions about your product. This thread is related to a previous discussion on ti forumhttps://e2e.ti.com/support/processors/f/791/p/769287/2846519#2846519

How to check from your part number which version of am3358 is integrated? There are some versions around, with different max frequency  600-800-1000.

One way is to check the part number of the integrated cpu but in your soc is not available.

Another way is to check the fuse register but it seems you don’t program them as reported here https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/arm/boot/dts/am335x-osd335x-common.dtsi (dst used in debian) farther I found an other issue maybe. The above dts override the oppnitro using the same flags of oppturbo. It looks like that every osd3358 could get both the 800Mhz and the 1Ghz. Are you sure?

I have some bbbw with debian installed, the dts file declare the oppnitro by default without check (imho), I found a lot of instability at that frequency. Instead with the ti sdk, the 1Ghz is not supported because the fuse bits not programmed and the maximum clock is lowered to 800Mhz, the same bbbw are rock solid at this clock. My question is could there be some of your chips whose maximum frequency is not 1ghz? If yes How can I check?

I’m a little bit confused.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by gennaro zazogzazo.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by gennaro zazogzazo.
      Greg Sheridan
      Keymaster

Hi Gzazo,

All of our OSD3358 devices have been tested to run at 1GHz.

You are correct that the speed bits are not programmed.  This is because of the process flow TI uses on the parts before shipping to us.

Can you give me some more information on the instability you are seeing?  What image version are you using?  What application is running?  What is actually happening when you see instability?

Thanks,

Greg

gennaro zazogzazo
      Participant

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your help. Forget my comment on the instability issue, my bad.

The good point is that every osd3358-sm supports 1Ghz without to need to check fuse bits, this was the only one question that was worth.

Thanks

Please Close.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.