Custom Board not Powering Up

Forums Devices OSD335x-SM Custom Board not Powering Up

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jarrod Cookjcc273
      Participant

Hello,

We have created a custom board using the OSD3358-SM and it is not powering up.  We followed the information in the app notes for the power so I am not sure what the problem is.  I have attached the page showing the wiring for the part.  We are powering through USB only, there is no short and the whole board is drawing > 50mA from the 5V supply right now.  When I apply power I can see it start to power up momentarily but then it shuts back down.  SYS_RTC_1P8V goes to 1.8V shortly as does PMIC_LDO_PGOOD, PMIC_PWR_EN, and for a briefer time PMIC_WAKEUP and SYS_VDD1_1P8V but then they all drop back low.  I have tried using a button across R12 to hold the PMIC_PM_IN low to see if that would power it up but it was also no good.  Any suggestions where to go from here????

Thanks,

Jarrod

Jarrod Cookjcc273
      Participant

Figured it out.  So i followed the power up sequence chart in order and found that no rails after the SYS_VDD_1P8V came up.  I then examined other parts on that rail and found one that was in backwards and causing that rail to drag down which must have stopped and shut-off the PMIC.  So all is well now : )

Greg Sheridan
      Keymaster

Great.  Glad you got it working!  Let us know if you need anything else.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.