Application Note for LCD

Forums Reference, Evaluation, and Development Boards Application Note for LCD

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave Mcospan
      Participant

I really appreciate the work that went into the application notes from Octavo.

I started working on my latest project because I was reading the application notes and just laughed at how simple a design would be. I had no issued with my WIFI or bluetooth hardware. Once I got the DTS file written correctly WIFI and bluetooth worked immediately.

That said, would Octavo write an app note for a simple LCD panel like this:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1680

It can probably be done with the RED board and this board.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1932

Regardless of if it is done or not, thanks for your app notes.

Dave

Eshtaartha Basu

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you found our app notes useful.

We will look into the LCD panel app note idea.

Dave Mcospan
      Participant

Thanks for looking into the LCD panel app note. I ended up figuring out the problem… problems

Many were self-inflicted wounds including completely flipped LCD signals due to a last minute connector part number change. Then there was a strange issue with the kernel boot sequence. For some reason the DRM (Direct Render Manager) was loading the TI LCD Controller before the panel was loading which meant that the LCD Controller didn’t find any usable panels and the LCD Controller didn’t generate /dev/fb0

If anyone runs into this issue a quick work around would be to make the TI LCDC an external module and the panel a built in module

Here’s a writup of the problem:

AM335X LCD Bringup

Dave

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Dave Mcospan.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.