Adding External Ram

Forums Devices OSD335x-BAS/IND Adding External Ram

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Isaac Fentaifenta
      Participant

For the OSD3358-512M-BAS, is there a limit to how much external ram you can add? The Beagle Bone Wireless has 4GB of external RAM embedded in their board, so Im wondering if I could get more? Thanks!

Greg Sheridan
      Keymaster

Hi Ifenta,

Are you asking about RAM or Flash (eMMC)?

The OSD335x integrates the RAM so no external RAM can be added.  Our standard configuration comes with 512MB (4Gbit) RAM but we do have an option for up to 1GB (8Gbit) of RAM.

If you are are asking about Flash or eMMC that is external and can be configured to meet your needs.  eMMC is available in sizes up to 64GByte.

Thanks,

Greg

Isaac Fentaifenta
      Participant

Hi Greg,

I see, I must have gotten those two confused.

I am working with the Pocket Beagle which utilizes the OSD3358-512M-BAS. You said that you have a 1GB version of this chip. Do you know if it is possible to just switch out the 512MB version of the chip on the Pocket Beagle with the 1GB version you are talking about? It would be easier so I dont have to design a new board. Let me know if this makes sense. Thanks!

Greg Sheridan
        Keymaster

The PocketBeagle uses the OSD3358-512M-BSM.  The 1GB version is pin compatible with the 512MB version so you don’t have to redesign a board.  You just need to get a new board built with the different device.

Isaac Fentaifenta
      Participant

Excellent! Where can I buy a few of them?

Greg Sheridan
        Keymaster

The 1GB parts are currently only available directly from Octavo Systems and there are minimum orders associated with them.  Please contact us through the Contact Page to talk to one of our Sales associates to help you further.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.