OSD3358-512M-BAS not available?

Forums Devices OSD335x-BAS/IND OSD3358-512M-BAS not available?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael PSisko
      Participant

We’re in the process of developing a new board and wanted to manufacture a first prototype now. Unfortunately the OSD3358-512M-BAS is not only out of stock at all relevant suppliers but also has extremely long lead times. So this feels a bit like it is a dead end. So: is this SiP still supported? When will it be back available really?

Thanks!

Greg Sheridan
      Keymaster

Hi Sisko,

Yes the devices are still supported and being manufactured.  There is a lot of demand for these devices and the entire industry is experiencing long lead times.  We recommend getting your order placed with your distributor of choice so you can be in the queue to get devices when they become available.  If you need more detailed information please contact one of our sales representatives.

Thanks,

Greg

Michael PSisko
      Participant

That’s a bit of a problem: we can order at the manufacturer only when they can make a quote and they can make a quote only when they have a price from current stock…

Greg Sheridan
      Keymaster

Hi Sisko,

Please have your manufacturer reach out to one of our sales representatives to help work through your particular situation.  We will do what we can to help.

Thanks,

Greg

Michael PSisko
      Participant

Sorry to say but your devices are a mess and I can not recommend anybody to use it. We have a prototype pending and manufacturers are waiting for several months to get the SoC. Now the (already very long) lead times have been extended again. Next delivery date is in 2022. But I would bet this is not the final date!

So not sure what customers and markets you have in mind with your manufacturing cycles…feels a bit like you are waiting until the SoC is outdated.

Greg Sheridan
      Keymaster

Hi Sisko,

I am sorry for your experience.  As I am sure you are aware the entire semiconductor industry is experiencing unprecedented supply tightness leading to extremely long lead times.  Unfortunately we are not immune to this.  We are doing everything we can to fulfill our customers orders as quickly as possible.

Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you and we thank you for your patience as we work through this.

Thanks,

Greg

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.