Kirkstone

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      coloradocarlos
      Participant

I am curious if Octavo Systems plans to add support for kirkstone in addition to dunfell to the meta-octavo-osd32mp1 layer. ST just released kirkstone support two weeks ago. See https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001WJXTCSA5/kirsktone-support

Neeraj Dantu

Carlos,

Yes, we will be adding support for OpenSTLinux v4.0 for both meta-octavo-osd32mp1 and Debian SDK. I will update here once I receive a timeline.

Best,
      Neeraj

coloradocarlos
      Participant

ST announced today (6/30/2022) STM32MPU ecosystem release v4.0.0 with kirkstone support: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001dwKXQSA2/stm32mpu-ecosystem-release-v400-release-is-online-

Tomas JurenaTomas Jurena
      Participant

Hello,

is there any progress? I have tried to migrate to STe 4.0.2 but can flash the device as it is restarting in a loop. I have opened and thread on ST community forum, but no answer yet. There seems to be a problem with the TF-A or perhaps with the u-boot but I do not know how to debug it.

Best wishes,

Tomas

Neeraj Dantu

Tomas,

The team is working on the update now. Will have an expected release date by 9/19.

Best,

Neeraj

Tomas JurenaTomas Jurena
        Participant

Hi Neeraj,

any progress on this?

Neeraj Dantu

Tomas,

The current schedule has OpenSTLinux v4.0 support for end of Oct.

If you have any specific question or difficulty in the mean time, please feel free to generate a forum post. Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Neeraj

Tomas JurenaTomas Jurena
        Participant

Hello Neeraj,

once again I am asking if you made some progress in porting.

I was busy on some other project but now I should be able to work on this. If there was no work on porting, I will open a new thread and share my current state and issue.

Best regards,

Tomas

Neeraj Dantu

Tomas,

Apologies for the delay in reply. We are testing the port right now on the dev boards. Repos should be updated this week. Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Neeraj

coloradocarlos
        Participant

Probably frustrating for the Octavo team but ST updated their openstlinux layer a little more than a week ago. Latest layer is tagged openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.11.23. This tracks with Ecosystem / STLinux v4.1.0. Not sure about other customers, but I would be willing to wait for the Octavo layer to also track with v4.1.0 because ST has fixed bugs since v4.0.0.

Neeraj Dantu

Carlos,

For now, our plan is to support the major versions of OSTL releases once a year(x.0). Please let us know any specific issues you have for this release. We can be flexible on doing another release if the issues are big.

Best,

Neeraj

Neeraj Dantu

Tomas,

You should see a new branch “kirstone” on meta-octavo-osd32mp1 here: https://github.com/octavosystems/meta-octavo-osd32mp1/tree/kirkstone. We are working on getting audio issues resolved. Apart from that, everything should be working.

Best,

Neeraj

Tomas JurenaTomas Jurena
        Participant

Hello Neeraj,

thank you for the update. I have tried to compile it and flash it into the sd/emmc memory in the RED board. Unfortunately, the system won’t boot and I can’t even see any communication from the board on the serial debug console. Can you please provide me with a working image to verify my hardware and process?

I have used the meta-octavo-osd32mp1 layer with a guide from the kirkstone branch and as a build system I used KDE Neon 22.04.

Best regards,

Tomas

Tomas JurenaTomas Jurena
        Participant

Hi,

I have noticed that the issue was caused because of incorrect PMIC configuration. Now It works as expected for the RED board.

Best,

Tomas

coloradocarlos
      Participant

Testing 1, 2, 3. Did this post go through?

Rob BarrisRob Barris
      Participant

Has the dust settled on adapting ecosystem 4.0.0 to OSD32 BRK and RED boards ?

Would it be possible to post a starter image that is updated to 4.0 ?  (maybe it is already up and I just don’t know where to look for it)

I could build from source in Yocto but would be nice if there’s a known good SDcard to compare outcomes against.  Like if I hit something weird, is it some mistake in my build process or is it a common issue that also shows up in a starter image – can’t contrast the situation without the other image.

The feature I want most is to get production-mode debugging of the M4 to work through CubeIDE, and I have not been able to get that going with the 3.0 starter images so far.

Neeraj Dantu

Hey Rob,

You are correct. 3.0 is the latest image on the web. There are minor bugs in the 4.0 images mainly related to audio for the RED board. I will try to push latest images to the web in the next couple of weeks. There is a detailed image generation procedure you can follow in the README: https://github.com/octavosystems/meta-octavo-osd32mp1/tree/kirkstone which should generate images you can use. Please let us know if you face any issues here.

I was able to use CubeIDE to debug code on the M4 in Production mode(Linux) with the 3.0 image. Can you let us know what issue you are facing?

You might have incorrect debug configuration in the project you are trying to run. Here are a few inputs on the setup:

1. Please see https://octavosystems.com/forums/topic/getting-started-with-osd32mp1-brk-st-link-jtag-interface/ for setup required for STLink connection with Cube IDE

2. The debug settings should be:

– “thru Linux core”, Serial Port: [STLINK serial port], Inet address: 192.168.7.1, Debug Probe: ST-LINK, Connection setup: SWD, 8MHz

Best,

Neeraj

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.